The Diploma in Ayurvedic Medicine and Healthcare
The College of Ayurveda provides the most comprehensive curriculum in the field of Ayurvedic Medicine and Healthcare in the United Kingdom. It offers the Diploma in Ayurvedic Healthcare, a three-year course, and the Diploma in Ayurvedic Medicine, a one-year course that is suitable for those who have completed the three-year Diploma with the College, therefore totalling four years of study.
The Diploma is the first professionally accredited programme by the Ayurvedic Medical Association (UK) and the British Complementary Medicines Association. The curriculum is based on the WHO bench mark for Category 1 Type 1 Ayurvedic practitioner education (2010), and is supported by the Dept. of AYUSH (now called the Ministry of AYUSH), India. The programme also endorses the recommendations of the EHTPA Core Curriculum for Herbal and Traditional Medicine (2014). The College is recognised as one of the leading Ayurvedic Herbal Therapist/Practitioner training programmes in the UK and Europe.
The College teaches a comprehensive programme that integrates Ayurvedic wisdom and understanding with modern medical science using a revolutionary blended-learning approach that combines home schooling, online lectures, classroom tutorials, close mentorship and residential clinical practices in the UK, France and India. This highly structured yet flexible programme has a high success rate because it keeps students motivated and on target to reach their goals.
The unique feature of the programme is to provide students the opportunity to exit with a recognised qualification at the successful completion of each year.
- Year 1: Certificate in Ayurvedic Massage (can practice as an Ayurvedic Massage Therapist)
- Year 2: Certificate in Ayurvedic Nutrition and Lifestyle Counselling (can practice as an Ayurvedic Nutrition and Lifestyle Counsellor)
- Year 3: Diploma in Ayurvedic Healthcare (can practice as an Ayurvedic Herbal Therapist (AHT))
- Year 4: Diploma in Higher Education (Ayurvedic Medicine) (can practice as an Āyurvedic Herbal Practitioner)
In this course, you will gain extensive knowledge and understanding of Ayurvedic concepts, Ayurvedic and Modern Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology, Ayurvedic Pathology, Diagnostics and Therapeutics, including Ayurvedic and Western Herbology. Research techniques and extensive clinical practice is undertaken to establish your confidence before you become a competent Ayurvedic therapist/practitioner.
In Brief: The Diploma in ayurvedic Medicine (4 YEARS)
Offering a flexible programme with a blended-learning approach that enables students to start practising professionally from the completion of the first year:
• Certificate in Ayurvedic Massage (on completion of year 1)
• Certificate in Ayurvedic Nutrition and Lifestyle Counselling (on completion of year 2)
• Diploma in Ayurvedic Healthcare (on completion of year 3)
• Diploma in Ayurvedic Medicine (on completion of year 4)
Online lectures take place every weekend (Sat or Sun) and classroom tutorials are to be attended on a weekend (Sat and Sun) every 1-2 months.
For more details about this exciting new approach to learning Ayurveda, please contact Dr. Mauroof Athique by using the contact page, or view further details by clicking the link below.