General Enrolment Criteria:
Applications are welcome from school leavers and mature candidates who wish to embark on a career in Ayurvedic Therapies/Medicine. The student body is diverse and varied in age, background, work, study and experience. While formal educational qualifications are important, applicants are also assessed on the basis of their social skills, ability to communicate clearly and sympathetically as well as their ability to undertake professional studies independently.
To be accepted on the programme, you must meet the following entry criteria:
Diploma in Higher Education (Ayurvedic Medicine):
Candidates applying for the Diploma in Ayurvedic Healthcare must:
· Have an undergraduate degree I Health-related discipline or its equivalent.
· Or Have at least two GCE A level and three GCSEs (grade A-C), including English language and Human Biology or Anatomy and Physioliogy.
· Or Overall pass with merit at BTEC National Diploma in Science subjects (including passes in English and Mathematics).
· Or Complementary therapies-based Access course.
· Or NCQ level 3 in the Health and Social care fields.
· Or a Science-based Access course.
All candidates must:
· be at least 16 years of age prior to commencing your programme.
· have no communicable disease, physical or psychological impairments which may adversely affect your ability to work with people in a clinical setting.
· be able to communicate competently in English. For international students or residents who originate from a non-English speaking background, iELTS entry levels will apply.
· may be accepted on individual merit and capability to undertake further studies which could be demonstrated by producing evidence of recent studies at NVQ or higher level.
· must submit a short essay of no more than two A4 page with their application, stating clearly their reasons for wanting to qualify in the profession of their choice.
· may undergo an interview with the Faculty to confirm their suitability for the programme.
All candidates should consider that they will be studying at the tertiary level and need to be able to plan academic studies, study independently, structure ideas, complete assessment work on time and have good verbal and written communication skills.
Students will be selected on the basis of their likelihood to succeed with their studies. Interviews may be conducted with prospective students to gauge if their situation and circumstance will allow them to achieve successful study outcomes.
The Faculty has the discretionary right to decline a student a place if they think she/he is unsuitable or will be unlikely to succeed with their studies. The College of Ayurveda subscribes to the principles of human rights and equal opportunity in education and the Human Rights Act and Anti-discrimination legislations. No individual will be assessed for entry on the basis of age, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, country of origin, religion or race.
Books and Materials
In addition to tuition costs, students are required to buy text-books and materials. These typically range from £200 - £300. Details on books and materials will be provided to students upon completion of enrolment.
First Aid Certificate
Students are required to complete a recognised workplace First Aid Certificate as part of their programme of study. For this, students should enrol in a course run by an approved First Aid provider, such as the St Johns Ambulance Association or British Red Cross Society.
Clinical Practice Placement
Students are required to pay an additional fee of £750 when they enrol for their clinical placements in India, and £400 for the practical training in France and UK. The fees include tuition and shared accommodation and set-meals only. Travel and other expenses should be borne by the student. Practical/clinical training programmes are arranged in France/UK during year 1; in UK during year 2; and in India during year 3 and 4. All practical/clinical trainings will be arranged by the College.
Re-sit and Marking Fees
Resit fee of £40 apply where students are required to re-sit any part of the assessment. A late marking fee of £20 will apply when coursework assignments are handed in late.
Fee Policies and Procedures
Payment of Fees
Once we have received and accepted your completed Application Form, we will send you an Acceptance Letter. You will then be asked to fill in a form on our website and make a non-refundable deposit of £250, you will then be formally enrolled in the programme. You will then be allocated a password to access the Study materials through the College website.
Withdrawals and Refund of Fees
If you wish to withdraw from whole or part of full-time or distant learning programme, you must apply in writing to the College Registrar. For students who have paid the full course fees: If you withdraw within 3 weeks after the start of the programme, you are entitled to a full refund of tuition fees less a 10% for administrative costs. However, if you withdraw within 4-6 weeks of the start of the programme you are entitled for 70% of the tuition fees less a 10% administrative fee; and if you withdraw within 7-8 weeks of the start of the programme you are entitled for 50% of the tuition fees less a 10% administrative fee. After eight (8) weeks, no refunds can be made. For students who pay in instalments the refund will be calculated accordingly. No refunds take the £250 deposit into account.
If the College has to cancel a programme for whatever reason, you will be entitled for a full refund of the fees paid for that year.
Deferral of study will be made only in exceptional circumstances. This has to be agreed with the Director prior to applying for a deferral. If you wish to apply to defer your study to a later date, you need to apply in writing to the Registrar. A deferral charge of £40 applies. If your application is approved, you will have to re-enrol within 12 months and abide by any new tuition fee levels.
The College of Ayurveda & Yoga Therapy UK reserves the rights for all its materials; however registered students are granted permission to download/print study units/materials from the College website for the express purpose of their own studies. Any other form of use is strictly prohibited, and offenders will be prosecuted by the College of Ayurveda & Yoga Therapy UK.